Border Crossing into Canada

Information you need to know

Osoyoos Border StationThe closest border crossing in the Okanogan is in Oroville/Osoyoos. The border crossing at Osoyoos is open 24hrs/day and often has no delays. Please bring one of the acceptable proofs of U.S. Citizenship to cross the border into Canada. Click Here for information about travel in Canada from the U.S. Department of State.

The Passport Card

The Department of State is issuing this passport card in response to the needs of border resident communities for a less expensive and more portable alternative to the New Passport Cardtraditional passport book. The card has the same period of validity as a passport book: 10 years for an adult, five for children 15 and younger. Adults who already have a fully valid passport book may apply for the card as a passport renewal and pay only $20. First-time applicants pay $45 for adult cards and $35 for children.

The passport card facilitates entry and expedites document processing at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air. Otherwise, it carries the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and is adjudicated to the exact same standards.

U.S. Department of State web site

More Information

U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) telephone number for customer service:
Toll-free (from US): 1-877-227-5511.

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)

Acceptable proof of U.S. Citizenship

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of Birth Abroad
  • Certification of Citizenship
  • Certification of Naturalization

Non-Indicators of U.S. Citizenship

  • Social Security Card
  • Military ID
  • Driver's License
  • Voter's Registration Card


Let me help you find your dream property
Home Page | Land for Sale | Location | How to buy land | About Us | Testimonials | Contact Us | Blog
© 1975-2013 RECA

Designed & Maintained by: Bellevue Site Design